Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hotel Rooms

Spending many days and nights far from home can sometimes reveal strange feelings and sensations, expecially when you find yourself alone and have time enough to stop and think about what's happening to you. I feel, for instance, a sense of gratitude to the simplest items that travel with me, silent and reliable companions.

Midnight has passed minutes ago, I'm about to slip between the sheets and turn the light off. Everything's ready for tomorrow. Yet, one second before clicking the switch I stop and stare at my shoes. I've walked for some miles along the river banks, tonight, never stopping, not to get frozen and wet my feet with the slush that was covering the large limestone blocks of the docks. They deserve a good brush. I must keep it in mind for tomorrow, before I get into the breakfast room.




No comments: