Friday, April 6, 2012

Conquering new lands


"Then came the churches then came the schools,
Then came the lawyers then came the rules,
Then came the trains and the trucks with their load,
And the dirty old track was the telegraph road."

Telegraph Road, Dire Straits

The railroad is moving out of the urban areas and swallowing thousands of acres of what once was soil good for corn and wheat fields. I can't understand if it's more the town that needs for new people to get into its maze or its citizens, who are longing to move out one day.






I took these pictures with my proudly-not-an-Apple mobile camera during a bike ride with my son, last January. I'll never be able to make a high resolution print. These are merely considered toy cam pics: matter just good for the web. Yet I do find they're the real challenge technology is offering us today. Not going around with full fledged workstations in our pockets but trying to squeeze the best out of these additional features of a device namely made for talking, that weren't thought for fine art pictures.

No comments: