Thursday, July 30, 2015

A plan for next Sunday


As I need to take chance of the nice weather forecasts for next Sunday and the relative "freedom" I'm enjoying since my wife and kids are still on vacation, I'm about to put myself on the saddle of my mountain bike for a sort of a challenge I had always dreamed about: reaching the top of Brunate, not far from Como and make a visit to the famous Volta's Lighthouse (Faro Voltiano), a monumental but still real lighthouse on top of a mountain from where a stunning view of the lake and the surrounding Alps can be enjoyed. It will be a long day. Just 70 km of road with a climb of 720 meters in just 7 km.

I don't need to hurry, no need to break my back, I'll take the time it demands. Just wish to take as many good pictures as I can.






No comments: