Sunday, February 9, 2014

A man at the window

As a permanent apprentice photographer, I maintain and, when possible, elaborate a special relationship with the environment in which I move. This is almost inevitable: every new combination of spaces, lights and objects generates a need for exploration, analysis and sampling. Among the many places that I happen to spend my time in, one of the most interesting are the hotel rooms that I'm given every time I reach my travels destinations.
Hotel rooms are places that I only live from late night to dawn. I don't remember having seen one of the hundreds hotel rooms after early morning hours or much time before dawn. Notwithstanding my limited time, I've learned that hotel rooms provide exciting opportunities for taking pictures when the light coming in from their windows turns everyting into something special. Take for instance the blue light of the sunrise and the orange-yellow tones coming from the street light below.




I'm used to stay silently close to the window panes, sometime before leaving the room, every day. It's a short moment of deep meditation. I love to see the people getting to work, moms and kids heading to schools, street workers already busy with their duties and deliveries. It helps me to find the right spur and strengths to start the day. Travelling is not always necessarily an easy task. After all, there must always be a good reason for finding oneself abroad.

1 comment:

marco eugenio said...

una vita passata negli alberghi lascia una forte imporonta alla tua ricerca fotografica
bravo